- These Conditions of Use govern the use of the website of Zurich University of the Arts (known in German as the Zürcher Hochschule der Künste, ZHdK), and of all domain addresses within Zurich University of the Arts (hereinafter "ZHdK") (e.g., name.zhdk.ch).
- Insofar as reference is made hereinafter to data and information, this refers to various digital contents, for instance works (including, among others, images and other graphic representations, texts, music, and programmes). Hereinafter such contents are as a rule referred to as data.
2. Intellectual Property
- Insofar as individual works and digital contents are subject to a protective right under applicable intellectual property law, the respective legal basis shall apply, in particular copyright, design, and trademark law.
- ZHdK and its members hereby assert their right to be identifed as the rightful owners of these rights.
- These rights shall be usable only within the use authorisation envisaged under applicable law. Where no legal provisions for the assignment of rights exist, contractual permission must be obtained.
- Insofar as individual rights are subject to an open license (for instance, under an open Creative Commons Condition), these rights of use shall be usable pursuant to the stipulated conditions.
3. Data Processing and Data Protection
- The system stores access data for security reasons and for anonymous statistical surveys capable of identifying users: IP-address, access date and time, files retrieved, access status, pages selected, data volume transferred, the page through which access was undertaken, top-level domain, browser used, operating system used.
- ZHdK protects all protocol data against unauthorised use and no such data is either divulged or forwarded to third parties. No person-related data evaluation is undertaken.
- Explicitly permitted applications
Source citations and the placing of links on other websites to the ZHdK website or to any of its individual subaddresses is explicitly permitted.
- ZHdK and its members have exercised the necessary diligence to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and admissibility of the data published on this website.
- No warranty or guarantee is given or assumed for the accuracy, completeness, and admissibility of the data and references published on this website.
- ZHdK assumes liability for the contents published on this website and for compliance with the corresponding provisions only insofar as it has knowledge of any unlawful content and can be held liable therefor under applicable law.
- ZHdK reserves the right to either partially or completely amend, delete, or temporarily refrain from publishing contents on its website without prior notice.
- All liability claims against ZHdK for material or immaterial damages resulting from the unauthorised access or unauthorised use of data published on this website, through the abuse of IT resources, or through technical failures are hereby excluded.
- ZHdK has undertaken no measures to examine external websites that are not hosted by any of its servers or do not lie within its jurisdiction, or such websites that are linked to this website. ZHdK thus declines any responsibility for the contents and for the services offered on such websites.
6. Further Provisions
These Conditions of Use are governed by Swiss law, in particular as specified by the provisions of the special statutes of applicable intellectual property law and by applicable personal rights legislation and the corresponding punitive sanctions.